About two weeks ago I popped a fiber in my teres while doing deadlifts, this forced me to work around the injury for all back movements.
I restructured my training slightly to begin with Rows, I chose to do this as it forced more blood into the lats, before doing any form of Deadlifting. I also slowed the tempo down and held the contraction, leading to less overall weight used, without any aggravation to the injury…it’s about 95% better.
Workout looked like this:
- Seated Calves 4×25
- T-Bar Rows 1×8-10, 1×12-15 (slow and controlled, deep contraction held each rep)
- Dorian Deadlifts 1×8-10, 1×12-15 (had to use less load due to order and also this lift smoked me)
- Close grip pulldowns 1RPx12
- BB Shrugs 1×10, 1×20
- Seated leg curls 6×4
- Reverse Hack Good morning 1×8-10, 1×12-15
- Glute Hip Thrust 1RPx12 (bit of a chick movement but it sure has gotten my glutes jacked and great carry over to squats, etc)
- Abductor machine 1×12 triple drop set
Wicked session….lots of local contests on recently which has me super fired up to work hard and grow before prep starts.
Seem to be progressing well visually, scale and in the gym … Will continue to push this blast until things slow or we hit 6 weeks out of starting prep(so we can cruise a bit), whichever comes first.