How to lose 30 lbs in 24 hours to make weight
I read your post on how to gain 30 lbs in 24 hours after making weight. Now, being a totally real person asking a question and definitely not you pretending that someone asked this question, I understand how the weight gain process goes–but how do they drop those 30lbs in order to make weight? Do they just not eat and drink and then excessively sweat and run that day? BTW–I’m an enormous fan and I wish you could sleep with my wife.
Thanks for the question!
It depends on if the competition is tested or not. If it’s not tested, then diuretics are used (which actually amplifies the weight gain process because they remove so much sodium).
If it is tested, then:
Phase 1 – Increased water and sodium intake
5-10 days of increased fluid intake in the 2 gallons (8L) range.
If you can learn to flush 2 gallons of water per day, then that’s 16 lbs you can reduce just by eliminating water for one day. Increased sodium intake (heavily salting your food) in the days/weeks leading up to the weigh in. This isn’t usually a problem since people tend to add more seasoning for flavor when carbohydrates and calories are removed from the diet (plain chicken breasts don’t taste good–heavily seasoned chicken breasts taste better). So, by increasing sodium and water in the days/weeks before the weigh ins, the person may gain a few lbs initially–but then the body regulates itself and pretty soon they are back to their normal weight, but eating high amounts of sodium and drinking 2 gallons of water–which will help us drop weight later on.
Phase 2 – begin carb and sodium depletion
72 hours before weigh ins:
- 2 gallons water per day.
Only low fat protein sources for food.
Very low sodium intake (no added salt/seasoning)
Phase 3 – begin water reduction
24 hours before weigh ins:
- Begin reducing water intake based on weight at the time
Phase 4 – begin sauna
12 hours before weigh ins:
- Begin sauna use if water reduction isn’t causing a big enough weight drop.
- If no sauna is available, make a bathroom sauna (person is typically at a hotel for a major competition).
- Turn the shower on full heat and wedge rolled up towels under the door to seal the room off as much as possible. Lay in heavy clothing (garbage bag shirt can be used if still way over weight) and watch movies until you’re able to make weight.
Phase 5 – weigh in
Immediately after making weight:
- Slam a HMW carb drink of about 32oz, 50g carbs, and two tsp baking soda.
Take 1600mg Ibuprofen.
Apply 3x dosage of nasal spray desmopressin or 3x oral dosage (if you have pills).
Start a protocol of ramen noodles, G2 gatorade, and HMW carb drinks (including saline bags if IV bags are allowed).